Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Palestinians forming a peaceful Democratic state is the only solution.

When I first went to collage many moons ago -- 1976 to be exact -- I started my major in Pol-Sci. I was studying under an Jordanian Christian professor ( a leftist , but not extremist), and in the company of many Mid-east students , esp from Iran. 

You know, after many classes and much debate, we discoverd we agreed on most everything globally. But of course the Middle-East is more complicated. Why ? 

 It became an axiom of our studies,
 that both sides in the Palestine-Israel debate 
have a lot of "right" on their side , 
and both sides also got a lot of "wrong" on their side.
 Debating history ain't gonna solve anything. 

 Solutions will only come when Both sides either:
 HAVE TO resolve it, as when events on the ground make the situation untenable.
 OR just WANT TO resolve it. 
The later seems unlikely. 

But as everyone with a sane mind TODAY agrees, 
that as the Palestinian population grows faster over the next 10-20 years, 
the current status-quo  geo-political situation
 of an Occupation will become untenable. 

So you can "pay me now", or "pay me later" , as the saying goes: 

The Palestinians forming a peaceful Democratic state is the only peaceful solution.
(I am not holding my breath.)